Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Breaking Promises and Addictions

Hey you guys.. I haven't blogged in awhile huh? I think I should again.. This one is more of a question however that I want you guys to consider and then give me your input, because I'm really confused..

You make a promise to so many people, you make them believe in you, heck, you even become an inspiration to others at some point for your promise.. If you break that promise, does that make you a bad person?

What about on the topic of addiction..

Can you ever truly kill an addiction? 

You guys, I don't think you'll ever truly be rid of an addiction, it will always be there in the back of your mind.. And that scares me. I promised so many people I would get over my addiction... But I can't! It terrifies me because I know that if I slip up, I'm going to be disappointing so many people. They may even hate me and never trust me again. I don't want to be a horrible person because I can't give it up. God knows I tried, but it's always in the back of my head, and I'm way too impulsive. Sometimes it's as if I black out and then I don't remember why I turned back to it or how it happened, I just have scars on my body.. So many people are going to be mad at me if I slip up again.

Have any of you guys ever struggled with an addiction? What did you do to supress it? I really want to know.

Love and Pugs,
Lissy

1 comment:

  1. On the breaking promises front:
    No, I don't think that a broken promise makes anyone a bad person. But one should not make a habit of breaking promises. It leads to distrust and eventually to lost relationships with people. It's difficult to trust someone who can't commit to something and continually follow-through on it. It gives people that "pulling the rug out from under me" feeling. Best thing to do is not make a promise you're not WILLING to keep. That's the difference right there; the will to change and/or keep a promise. If you're not sure about your ability to keep a promise, don't make it. Look within to see why you're not able to keep that promise and work to fix that. Will you need someone's help to keep that promise? Then be ready to call on someone that will keep you accountable to your word. In Alcoholics Anonymous, sponsors are people the addict calls to help them keep their sobriety promise when they find themselves tempted to break their promise.

    This leads to breaking an addiction. I'm not an expert on addiction but I do know that the best way to face the addiction and overcome it, is to have a strong support system that will keep us accountable and safe. A sponsor that can help pull you from the brink and help you get through the "moment of weakness" so that you don't break your promise to yourself.

    ~Titi Sary

    ReplyDelete